A lawyer who believes a trucking accident is just a bigger car crash is already one step behind his opponent. The investigation and legal issues in truck crash cases are often demanding and complex. When there is a catastrophic accident involving a tractor trailer or other large truck, it is critically important to hire a qualified trial lawyer who acts quickly to preserve the evidence of the trucking company’s negligence. Our lawyers have past experience representing truck companies and understand the legal and factual issues involved in litigating truck crash cases.
Expect a truck company representative or insurance adjuster to contact you after you are involved in a collision. You are not required to speak with them. It is their job to minimize and settle claims as inexpensively as possible. It is important for you to obtain legal advice as soon as possible after an accident. You need to retain an experienced trial attorney who understands the various causes of truck crashes.
Many factors result in truck wrecks, and sometimes multiple causes contribute to a single collision. Factors include the following:
- Driver impairment, including illness, alcohol or other drugs, both legal and illegal, and drivers who are overtired.
- Driver distraction, including talking on cell phones or using other electronic devices, talking with passengers, eating or grooming in the car, dealing with children or pets in the back seat, or attempting to retrieve dropped items.
- Mechanical failure, including blown out or flat tires, brake or axle failure, and steering mechanism failure.
- Road conditions, including foreign obstacles or substances on the road surface; rain, ice, or snow making the roads slick; road damage including pot holes.
- Speed exceeding safe conditions, that can relate to the way the road was designed, the road condition, the weather, and the speed of surrounding motorists.
- Road design and layout. Some roads have a history of violent car wrecks for a variety of reasons. These include alignment, visibility, camber and surface conditions, road markings, etc.
Although not necessary in every case, it is oftentimes critical to get an expert witness, such as an accident reconstructionist or biomechanical engineer, involved as soon as possible after an accident. Critical evidence such as crush damage, skid marks, and other physical evidence at the scene of a wreck can disappear over time. Make sure that the attorney that you retain has the technical expertise and resources to retain credible experts early on in your case. Our lawyers have contacts and relationships with some of the best experts in the country to evaluate your claim.
You Have The Right To Compensation
We won’t let them take that away from you. Our attorneys can be your advocate, dealing with the insurance companies so you can focus on getting better. Contact us today for a free consultation. We handle biker injuries in Los Angeles and nationwide.