What should I do if I find out toxic mold has made me sick?

Dealing with mold is not pleasant, but if the mold is toxic, it is not only unpleasant, but can also cause very serious health problems. If you find out you are ill from being exposed to toxic mold, you may wish to speak with an attorney. There can be multiple parties that could be held legally responsible for your medical expenses and other damages.

In some cases, toxic mold may be undetected for a lengthy period of time, which can lead to serious health problems for anyone exposed to the mold. In some cases, landlords or employers may know about the toxic mold, but may fail to take any action and can actually allow the toxic mold problem to get worse. In that situation, the affected party may wish to speak to an attorney.

Toxic mold can cause mild symptoms such as watery eyes, congestion, a runny nose, sneezing, and rashes. In severe cases, toxic mold can cause very serious allergies and respiratory problems. It can also cause death, especially for those with pre-existing respiratory issues, or the elderly or very young.

It’s possible that you have been exposed to the toxic mold in your apartment, and you may have told your landlord of the presence of mold but nothing was done. You could have also been exposed to mold in your office, and your employer may not have taken your concerns seriously. In those situations, you may be able to receive compensation for your damages and the negligence of those responsible.

If you have been injured through the negligence of another party that failed to take steps to protect you from toxic mold, you need to speak with an attorney. If you are in the Los Angeles area, call me, Conal Doyle, toxic mold attorney, at 310-385-0567. My team can help. Call today to learn more or to schedule a free consultation.